1. UN World Population Prospects, 2017
2. UN Population Division, Department of Economic Affairs, June 2017
3. UN World Population Prospects, 2015
4. Deloitte, Ageing Tigers, Hidden Dragons, September 2017
5. Pew Research Centre, Japan, November 2014
6. UN Population Division, Department of Economic Affairs, June 2017
7. UN World Population Prospects, 2017
8. Brookings Institution, the Unprecedented Expansion of the Global Middle Class, February 2017
9. Savings gap is described by the World Economic Forum as the estimated shortfall in pension saving. This has been calculated after analysing publicly available data on the level of funding of government-provided first pillar systems and public employee systems, the funding of employer-based systems, and the levels of individual pension savings. The aggregate level of savings across these has been compared to expectations of average annual retirement income needs and life expectancies.
10. World Economic Forum, We’ll Live to 100- how can we afford it? May 2017
11. McKinsey Global Institute, Urban world: The Global Consumer to watch, April 2016
12. McKinsey Global Institute, Urban world: The Global Consumer to watch, April 2016, AARP Media Sales with JD Power and Associates, The BOOMer report 2015, Sabi, May 2015
13. FAO, How to Feed the World in 2050, Oct 2009, OECD, Environmental Outlook to 2050, March 2012
14. Poultry Science, Zuidhof, Schneider, Corney, Korver and Robinson (2014); University of Alberta, Department of Agriculture, Food, and Nutritional Science
15. IMF, March 2016
16. UN World Urbanisation Prospects, 2018.
18. Oxford Economics and Fairlee (Kaufmann Index of Entrepreneurial Activity), 2013
19. Global Coalition of Ageing, June 2018
20. Bank of America Merrill Lynch. The Silver Dollar-Longevity Revolution Primer, June 2014, Euromonitor, Oxford Economics, NLIRI. The longevity economy encompasses both the economic activity that serves the needs of the 50+ global population, as well as directly purchased products and services and the knock-on economic activity that generates.